Nippon Mining Museum

ExhibitsOverall View

Main Exhibition Hall

Exhibiting the JX Nippon Mining and Metals Group's historical materials, samples of samples and others

Mining Exhibition Hall

This building houses an air compressor room built during World War II (1944).

Other Highlights

The museum site with an total area of about 12,000m2 includes Kuhara's Head Office and other exhbits.

The founder of the JX Nippon Mining and Metals Group. Kuhara opened the Hitachi Mine in 1905, and rapidly transformed it into one of the four largest copper mines in Japan.

Museum Guideline

Museum Holidays
Mondays, national holidays, year-end and new year holidays
Opening Hours
9am - 4pm
(last admission 3:30pm)
3585 Miyatacho, Hitachi, Ibaraki 317-0055
Tel. 0294-21-8411
By public transport:
From the central exit of Hitachi station (JR Joban line), take the Hitachi Dentetsu bus bound for Higashi-goudo and get off at “Nikko Kinenkan-mae”.
The museum is in front of the bus stop. (Total time 30 minutes)
Alternatively, take a taxi from Hitachi station. (Total time 20 minutes)

By car:
10 minutes from the Hitachi Chuo Exit of the Joban Expressway