1. Acquisition of Personal Information
JX Metals Group will properly acquire personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use of such personal information.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
JX Metals Group will use personal information only within the scope of the purposes stated below and the purposes separately notified or announced, unless otherwise authorized by laws and ordinances.
- (1)For contact / responses to business partners (including personal customers and businesses that may become business partners; hereinafter the same shall apply) regarding work / transactions
- (2)To propose and notify, give information about, and provide products and services to business partners
- (3)To carry out subcontracted work in cases where JX Metals Group receives the provision of products or services from a business partner or is entrusted with handling of personal information
- (4)To plan, research and develop, and improve the products or services of JX Metals Group
- (5)To respond to legal obligations or demands (including reports to domestic and international regulatory bureaus, judicial / administrative agencies, and stock exchanges and responding to audits thereof)
3. Safety Management Measures
JX Metals Group will take the following measures that are necessary and appropriate to prevent divulgence, loss, impairment, and any other mistreatment of Personal Data.
(Formulation of Basic Policy)
(Establishment of Personal Data Handling Rules)
JX Metals Group has formulated regulations regarding the handling methods, responsible persons, their duties, and other items related to the handing of Personal Data for each stage, including acquisition, use, storage, provision, and deletion and disposal of Personal Data.
(Institutional Safety Management Measures)
In addition to appointing a person responsible for the handling of Personal Data, JX Metals Group has clarified the employees who handle Personal Data and the scope of Personal Data handled by such employees according to the type, content, and importance of the Personal Data handled. JX Metals Group has also established a system for reporting to the person responsible when employees detect any violation of laws or handling regulations, or signs thereof.
(Personnel Safety Management Measures)
JX Metals Group provides employees with necessary and appropriate training on matters they should keep in mind regarding the handling of Personal Data. In addition, matters concerning confidentiality of Personal Data are set out in the handling regulations.
(Physical Safety Management Measures)
In areas where Personal Data is handled, JX Metals Group monitors the entry into and exit of employees from relevant rooms as well as restricts the equipment and other devices they bring in, alongside implementing measures for preventing unauthorized persons from accessing Personal Data. In addition, JX Metals Group takes measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment with Personal Data, electronic media, and documents, and implements measures to ensure Personal Data is not easily identified when such equipment, electronic media, and documents are carried around, including their transfer within the office.
(Technical Safety Management Measures)
JX Metals Group controls access to Personal Data in order to limit the scope of persons in charge and of personal information databases that are handled. In addition, JX Metals Group has mechanisms in place for protecting information systems that handle Personal Data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
4. Provision to Third Parties
JX Metals Group will not provide personal information to any third parties unless prior consent is obtained from the principal identified by the relevant personal information, or unless provision of personal information is based on laws and ordinances or is otherwise authorized by law.
JX Metals Group may outsource all or part of the handling of Personal Data to outside service providers. In such cases, JX Metals Group will supervise all outsourced service providers as necessary and appropriate.
6. Joint Use
There may be cases where members of JX Metals Group jointly use Personal Data, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and all other items that are held by members of JX Metals Group, within the scope of the purposes of use stated in "2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information" above.
In addition, within the scope of said purposes of use, JX Metals Group may jointly use with ENEOS Holdings, Inc. the aforementioned Personal Data held by JX Metals Group.
In both cases, the person responsible for management of Personal Data is JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation.
7. Request for Notice concerning the Purpose of Use, Disclosure, Amendment to and Suspension of Use of Personal Data
If JX Metals Group is requested from a person to disclose, amend, add, delete or suspend the use of or cancel, or stop providing to any third party or give notice concerning the purpose of use of, his/her Personal Data held by JX Metals Group pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Law, JX Metals Group will confirm that such person who made such request is the person of the relevant personal information and respond to such request properly in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law. Contact details for inquiries are set out below.
(1)Inquiries to JX Metals
(2)Inquiries to other companies in the JX Metals Group
Please contact the respective company. If you inquire at the location listed above in (1), please be aware we may forward your inquiry to the respective Group company.
Personal information on this website
Users' personal information is handled as outlined below.
1. Collection of personal information:
In line with the outlined purpose and in accordance with using this website's services, we may ask users for the following information. A user's personal information will not be used for any reason other than its intended purpose of use.
- 1.The user's name, email address, zip code, address, telephone number, etc.
- 2.The user's age, date of birth, gender, job, company name, etc.
- 3.The user's hobbies or interests, magazines to which the user subscribes, etc.
- 4.Services the user uses, the user's interests and hobbies, etc.
- 1.To prevent users who use our membership services from having to input their password each time they visit this website
- 2.To statistically process data on users' activity on this website for the purpose of improving our services
- 3.To provide users with services that are relevant to their interests and to customize services to satisfy each individual user
Notice Regarding Cookies:
A cookie is a small amount of data sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive as a file.
A membership website may offer services suitable to the needs of each customer, by using cookies and the information registered by the customer.
3. Use of user access logs:
We may use the IP address of users' computers for the following reasons. Note that IP addresses cannot be used to ascertain an individual user's identity.
- 1.To identify the source of and solve any server related problems that arise
- 2.For administration of this website
4. Receipt of cookies:
Your browser can be set to block cookies or to display a warning message when cookies are received. Most services on this website can be used without cookies. However, without cookies the services may be limited, and you may not be able to use some services.
5. Transmission security:
To protect users' personal information, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used by the following services on this website.
- 1.Online inquiry forms
6. Changes to personal information protection policies and notice of changes:
These policies may be changed in part or in whole. Notice of any changes will be posted on this website.